The Sunday Morning Meditation Service begin at 8:00 am and concludes at 11:00 am.
Devotees may arrive and join the group on the hour at 8:00, 9:00, or 10:00 am.
You may arrive or leave on the hour. Generally, 40 minute periods of meditation are interspersed with a reading and a chant.
The practice of the energization exercises begins at 8:00 am.
The Thursday Evening Readings Service begin at 6:00 pm and concludes at 7:30 pm.
Passages from the scriptural interpretations and other writings of Paramahansa Yogananda are included in the Thursday night service.
The service includes a period of brief meditation and a second period of meditation for one-half hour.
Commemorative Services are held several times during the year to honor the birthdays and Mahasamadhis of the Masters of Self-Realization Fellowship.
These services are held on the calendar dates the events occurred, and begin at 6:30 pm.
Special Services such as the all-day Christmas Meditation and and all-day meditation to celebrate Paramahansa Yogananda’s birthday are held each year.
Additionally, Kirtans (devotional singing) are intermittently scheduled.
Socials are held on the average of once per month to every six weeks.
Usually, a social begins with a period of chanting and meditation, and includes a vegetarian pot-luck and time for spiritual fellowship. Socials sometimes include outings to inspirational settings.
Occasionally a spiritual film is shown.
- Except for periods of chanting and readings, our meditations are held in
silence for the purpose of God-communion and practice of techniques as taught
by our Guru, Paramahansa Yogananda.
- Arrive early so you will have time to find a seat and be comfortably seated
before the meditation begins. If you do arrive after the start of the service,
please only enter during a reading or a chant.
- Plan to stay for the entire meditation. If you must leave early, please
do so quietly, during a period of chanting.
- Illness, coughs and colds: If you have any health condition that would disturb
others, please meditate at home and try to “tune in” with the
group meditation. If you experience any problems please go quietly into the
outer hallway to recover. You can continue your meditation and return to the
chapel during the next period of chanting.
- Meditation techniques: The practice of meditation techniques should not
be heard by others. If you are not able to practice them silently, then please
visualize and practice the techniques mentally.
- Standing is permitted during chanting.
- Restroom breaks: If you need to use the restroom, leave and return to your seat only during a periods of chanting.