We invite you to join us for our regular Sunday services at our Bedford Street location. We begin with Yogananda's energization and recharging exercises at 9:00 a.m. for those who are interested (in the parking lot or hallways); the meditation service begins at 9:20 and lasts until 11:00 a.m. There is an opportunity to arrive or depart at 10:00 a.m., when there is a reading and a chant.
If there is no parking on the street it is fine on Sundays to park in the back half of the parking lot. Come in the front door of the building and walk toward the back on the first level until you find the room. The door may already be open when you arrive.
Masks are required (except for the service reader when they are reading or leading the chants and prayers).
Commemorative Services are held several times during the year to honor the birthdays and Mahasamadhis of the Masters of Self-Realization Fellowship.
These services are held on Sundays closest to the commemorative day.
Special Services such as the all-day Christmas Meditation and and all-day meditation to celebrate Paramahansa Yogananda’s birthday are held each year.
- Except for periods of chanting and readings, our meditations are held in
silence for the purpose of God-communion and practice of techniques as taught
by our Guru, Paramahansa Yogananda.
- Arrive early so you will have time to find a seat and be comfortably seated
before the meditation begins. If you do arrive after the start of the service,
please only enter during a reading or a chant.
- Plan to stay for the entire meditation. If you must leave early, please
do so quietly, during a period of chanting.
- Illness, coughs and colds: If you have any health condition that would disturb
others, please meditate at home and try to “tune in” with the
group meditation. If you experience any problems please go quietly into the
outer hallway to recover. You can continue your meditation and return to the
chapel during the next period of chanting.
- Meditation techniques: The practice of meditation techniques should not
be heard by others. If you are not able to practice them silently, then please
visualize and practice the techniques mentally.
- Standing is permitted during chanting.
- Restroom breaks: If you need to use the restroom, leave and return to your seat only during a periods of chanting.